My musical interests
Music has always been one of my favorite ways to express myself. I play piano (and keyboards), and drums/percussion, as well as (to varying degrees of proficiency) most members of the fretted string family (guitar, bass, mandolin, etc.). I also am a music director and conductor for musical theatre, and a composer of soundtracks for other theatrical productions.
Want to listen?
Here’s some music that I’ve played in the past:
- Untitled Bluesy Tune ⁠— just a fun blues-rock tune that I composed and played myself over the course of a couple hours.
- “Anticipation” ⁠— a jazzy, minimalistic tune built upon the theme that eventually became its title.
- Flying Funk ⁠— a funky original tune, played by myself on keyboards, with the band “Funk Faction.”
- Cissy Strut ⁠— the Meters’ classic funk number, again played by Funk Faction.
Here’s some music that I’ve composed as part of sound designs for theatrical productions:
- Video Game Transition from a production of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, set inside a video game world.
- Sigh No More, Ladies ⁠— diegetic pop-punk song from a production of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, with lyrics from the Shakespeare text.
- Dance of Seven Veils ⁠— EDM-influenced music for a production of Oscar Wilde’s Salomé.
Want to hire me?
Are you looking for a music director for a theatrical production? A substitute percussionist for a night? Maybe a pianist to play a solo jazz set at your bar?
I’d love to get in touch with you! Email me at contact AT jakegunter.net, and we can talk.